Lithuanian Materials Research Society is a voluntary, non-profit organization uniting both individuals and collective members (enterprises, research institutions) involved in materials research, technology and related applications.
25 11 1999 Lithuanian Materials research society was established (LtMRS). The constitutive meeting was held in Semiconductor Physics institute. 75 members of the meeting from PFI, KTU, VU, ChI, FEI, LEI, TI, BCHI, AB Ekranas ir UAB „Ekspla“ have decided to establish LtMRS and accepted the statute of the society. The president of the LtMRS was elected: dr V.Grivickas (VU) – LtMRS president and Vice-presidents, dr. B.Vengalis (PFI); prof. S. Tamulevičius (KTU).
- Society sections and heads of the sections from the society board were suggested:
- Materials of electronics and optics (Head – prof. A.Žukauskas (VU))
- Construction materials (Head – prof. S.Bočkus (KTU))
- Metals and alloys (thin films) (Head – prof. E.Juzeliūnas (ChI))
- Textile materials (Head – prof. A.Vitkauskas (KTU))
- Polymers and composites (Head – prof. J. Liukaitis (KTU), dr. R. Levinskas (LEI))
- Biomaterials (was suggested to elect later)
- Smart materials (was suggested to elect later)
16 11 2007 the new president of the society was elected and new society board was confirmed:
prof. Sigitas Tamulevičius (KTU) president, dr. Vytautas Grivickas (VU) (former president of LtMRS) vice-president, dr. Bonifacas Vengalis (PFI) vice-president, Head of Materials of electronics and optics sec., prof. Arvaidas Galdikas (KTU) Vice Head of Materials of electronics and optics sec., prof. Gintautas Tamulaitis (VU) Vice Head of Materials of electronics and optics sec., prof. Stasys Bočkus (KTU) Head of Construction materials sec., prof. Arvydas Vitkauskas (KTU) Head of Textile materials sec., prof. Rimvydas Milašius (KTU) Vice head of Textile materials sec., prof. Jonas Liukaitis (KTU) Head of Polymers and composites sec., dr. Rimantas Levinskas (LEI) Vice Head of Polymers and composites sec., prof. Eimutis Juzeliūnas (ChI) Head of Metals and alloys sec., dr. Petras Balkevičius Ekspla UAB, dr. Jonas Valickas (KTU, PI).
President of the Lithuanian Materials Research Society
prof. Sigitas Tamulevičius
Vice-president dr. Bonifacas Vengalis
Vice-president dr. Vytautas Grivickas
(Former president of Lt-MRS)
Secretary dr. Eglė Fataraitė